This tutorial was posted by ccc into PMC Tactical forums.
I'll keep it simple:
1. Get F4Browse and LodEditor.
2. Get new 3D cockpit files (where? who knows)
Then, Simple trick for LOD and Database guys.
For LOD part, using LodEditor:
Take new 3D cockpit LOD and skins (textures), add them to database, use wizard to set up a parent record, yes, only one LOD in it.
([Help] > [Model/texture..]). You may have to adjust texture# when adding texture to TEX DB.
Then pick a CT recod as you wish, say, CT#2910. Add your new parent# to parent-normal slot. Done LOD part.
Then go to database part, using F4Browse go to Vehicle → Aircraft folder, say you want to add a F15C 3D cockpit, pick F15C, use [COPY CT record] function. Then edit this new CT.
Do as following:
1. Erase F15C name in first blank, leave it no-name, empty. (I think you can name it F15C 3D cockpit, wont hurt).
2. Enter [CT Recd] slot 2910.
3. Press [CT Recd] button to enter editing page, fill/change major slots like this:
> name: empty > doman: air > class: SFX > type 3 > subtype 7 > specific 255 > mode: normal > file type: none > record: o
To use auto-switching 3D cockpit
1. In this folder
Set up a new folder F15C
2. Copy default 3dckpit.dat and put it in
3. Open your F15C 3dckpit.dat with notepad, edit this line:
// the LOD models to use. cockpitmodel 1; // the main 3d cockpit model
Change the “1” to your Parent# (not CT record #)!
(Not really, you still miss a lot, but it works at least)